Tuesday, 5 June 2007

And it begins..




Well yesterday, I started on my voyage across seas and finally made it here at London time 9:50. Only got an hour of sleep on the plane and haven't slept all day.

Its really pretty. Oxford is turning 1000 years old this year and that is definitely evident in their architecture. We did our own little walking tour when we got to the house and it was just great. Walked from university to university and ended up in University Park (which is an actual park and not the apartments at ACU). Similar to Central Park in New York City, not quite as pretty.

I already miss home because they are mean here. Yesterday, on the sidewalk there was a lady who pushed me and said, "MOVE OUT OF THE WAY GIRL!!!!" I was so shocked I didn't know what to say!!! It was funny but at the same time, how rude??

Everyone who has come to Oxford has said eat at this place called On The Hoof and I kind of thought "yeah right, its not going to be that good!" but I'm here to say that it is absolutely wonderful. I've already been twice and we have only been here for two days.

Class is okay I guess! but it will definitely be kind of tough. I'm enjoying the material and learning about business stuff which is definitely a change in pace to the Family Studies classes I've been taking for a year.

the first picture: us at the airport
the rest of the picture is us from the walking tour... so much fun!!!

DOWNLOAD SKYPE!!!!

5 comments:

Shelly said...

Oh yea!!! Way to go on the blog! I'm impressed at how fast you got one going, but considering you haven't slept for 2 days I guess you had some time. :)

I love the pictures. Keep em coming! Love you!!

tara said...

YEAH!!! I put you as a link on my blog and can't wait to read about everything you are doing. Eat at the TROUT!!!

Unknown said...

I got your link from Tara-
I'm excited to hear about your summer. I loved my time in Oxford, and I am a huge fan of Allison's Park (aka University Park). It is especially scenic on "Cricket" days. I can't wait to hear more!
ALewis

A said...

I am really impressed by your title. How very Chaucer of you.

Donna Willbanks said...

Yeah Abs, I'm so proud of you - for many, many reason but especially because you're an official blogger now. The pictures are so cute - aren't you glad your goofy sister made you take them at the airport?! We love and miss you - keep the blogging coming. love, Mom