1) Not everyone in Oxford is mean. It may have only been that one lady (look to previous post) or it could have just been a rough day for her.
2) Business classes are not so bad after all!!! I really enjoy my Production and Process Management class. I've learned a lot and I don't exactly feel like I'm completely lost.
3)The food is really pretty good. I've eaten at one restaurant twice and cooked dinner twice and it has all been really really good.
But today was so much fun! We did our tours of the Morgan Sports Car Club and the Wedgewood China Company.
Morgan Sports Car Club was so neat and it was incredible to see how they make cars. It takes them 4 weeks to custom build every car. However, it is a year long waiting list to get your car. Every car is different and no two Morgans are alike. You might be more familiar with this car if i called it a Cruella Devill car. The frame underneath the metal body of the car is entirely made out of wood. Its really neat to see. (don't worry. I'll post a few pictures)
Wedgewood China Company seemed so boring as we started to go through the tour. It was a self-paced deal and you had to hold these little phones up to your ear and listen to the information about the different chinas. Which lets be honest, that's not really my forte and so we sped through the tour and went on into the hands on stuff and that was AWESOME. Imagine the scene from Ghost with me for a second and then imagine me in that scene (no Patrick Swayze and no unchained melody playing). It was so much fun. My pot didn't actually turn out how I liked but the fact that I made one was soooo much fun! Then I made a little something extra for a little souvenir.
The only downside to today was that we had to drive a really long ways to get there in a bus that reached a peak speed of about 45 mph. However, who am I to complain? I'm in England and having a wonderful time.
This weekends plans: go to London, tour the city, Saturday @ 2:30 (14:30 if you prefer military time) go see WICKED!!!!!, and tour the rest of London on Sunday.
so expect a very large post sometime on Sunday or Monday.
cheerio chaps!
4 comments:
I'm so jealous! I still have the necklace mom bought while we were at the Wedgewood Factory.
I want to hear all about Wicked!
And if you get lost just call Dad.
Love you!
if i get lost... i'm calling jim nichols... NO OFFENSE DAD!!!
Abby, I love reading about your fun in England....you will love Wicked...we've seen it 3 times. Love you, Aunt Linda
Love the shirts! Can't wait to see your Wedgewood creation. Love you!
Post a Comment