Well... another week under my belt and I'm only 13 days away from coming home. Things around 9 Canterbury have been fairly uneventful and boring, except for a few things. Last Tuesday we had meetings with our professors and just tried to get back into the swing of things from Ibiza and to recover from the worst sunburn of my life. Wednesday, we took a day trip into London and went to Lloyd's which is the world's largest insurance market. Its a really neat organization in one of the coolest buildings I've ever seen. After our tour, we decided to check out Harrod's and perused there for awhile before getting a train back to Oxford. Thursday... uh nothing happened on Thursday except for more group work. Friday... well most everyone heard about it, but there was a bomb threat in London so we kind of just stuck around Oxford as well as continuing our group work. Saturday... we went to Wimbledon ALL DAY... and it rained ALL DAY... but it was sooo much fun to just get to go to a place that you have watched on t.v. countless number of times. Sunday... another just relaxed day here. Went to a movie and worked on more group stuff. Very uneventful I'm telling you. Except for the bomb threats which are really rather scary especially considering the fact that exactly one week ago I was sitting in the Ibiza airport waiting for my flight. That one hit a little to close to home and I think I'm going to be a lot more cautious around airports for awhile.
But as I sit here and type, I'm going to miss it more than I think. There is really only two more days left and I can't believe that its gone so quickly. It feels like just yesterday we got here with our jet lag and horrible fake British accents. I think I'm sure ready to be home, but I'm glad I still have a little more time with my parents to explore. I am so thankful that I have taken part in this though because I have met some amazing people who I will forever call friends and really broadened my horizons by making me consider maybe getting a degree in business. So much has happened that I am so thankful for and I have absolutely not one regret from this experience.
My one recommendation for anyone who ever gets this opportunity.... TAKE IT!!!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
It's hard to believe how fast it is going! So glad it has been such a great experience for you. Love you and miss you!
Post a Comment