well... I finished school, packed up my stuff and hit the road with mom and dad... So much fun!! I absolutely love traveling with these two. Some might think traveling with your parents would NOT be fun, but I am here to tell you that it is quite the opposite, especially when traveling with my parents!!!! As you can guess from the title, while we were in London, we took time out of our very busy schedule to go and see a few musicals. Mom and Dad had never seen Wicked and I was so enchanted by it the first time that I was an eager beaver to go back for round two. Our seats were slightly better than mine the first time and the musical was great... Mom and Dad loved it as well. All day Thursday, we did our own little walking tour of London and saw quite a bit. Changing of the guard at Buckingham Palace and the people practicing for the Opening ceremonies for the Tour de France at Trafalgar Square, altogether a very interesting experience and then later that night we went to the very kid friendly Mary Poppins, also exceptionally well done and enjoyed by all. Our seats weren't as nice as the ones from the previous night, but still great none the less. Friday, we devoted all day to sightseeing. We did a city bus tour (SO cheesy, but well worth it!) We went all around the city and got off the bus at The Tower of London which wasn't my favorite... Except for the Crown Jewels. It hardly seems fair that there are some really really expensive crowns in a case just sitting there when someone could be wearing them and getting some great use out of them!!! Just kidding... from there we did a little boat cruise and got back on our bus tour. It was an eventful day especially when Mom decided that she wanted to go to Trafalgar Square to watch the opening ceremony which was exceptional but crowded and not for the claustrophobic. From there we ate dinner at the Texas Embassy which is a restaurant that felt just like home, especially for Dad because Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid was playing across the restaurant and he was still quoting it as if he could hear all the words. And then to Mamma Mia, which was different but i LOVED it!!! It had all the energy that I enjoy and it was just fun to watch!
And now today, as I am typing this I am in Scotland. We got here this afternoon and I was exhausted so I took a little nap after watching Venus Williams win Wimbledon and some of the timed trial for the Tour de France. Altogether a very low key week, but looking very forward to the beautiful sights that I will see in and around Edinburgh!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
i loved when my parents came to visit too. there is something great about sharing what you have been experiencing with 2 people you love so much! soak it all up!
So are you done blogging now that you're back? I hope not!!
Post a Comment